The multi award-winning Penylan Preserves was created from an unquenchable passion to create good quality, locally produced, and most importantly, tasty preserves.
Delicious ingredients are freshly sourced from Clare’s own allotment or from local independent businesses. They’re all then hand chopped and hand stirred to make our delicious jams, marmalades, curds and chutneys. All our products are completely handmade.
We have a range of almost 30 preserves, including jams, marmalades, curds and chutneys, all lovingly made in the Welsh capital.
Year on year Penylan Preserves has won awards for its products. Initially entering the World Marmalade Awards, Clare was amazed at winning a silver and 2 bronzes. In 2016 our Seville Orange Marmalade went one better and got a Gold!
The same year our marvellous Piccalilli won a 1-star Great Taste Award! Having industry experts agree the product was worthy of a gold star was an fantastic feeling.
We recycle our jars #sustainability #recycle
Since the initial awards Penylan Preserves have won the following awards:
- Seville Orange Marmalade – Gold again in 2017 and was even the class winner.
- Fig Chutney – 1-star Great Taste awards in 2017.
- Blood Orange and Port Marmalade (Naughty Paddington) – Silver in 2018.
- Lemon Marmalade – Bronze in 2018.
All fingers and toes are crossed for good results in the 2018 Great Taste Awards.
Penylan Preserves also make catering size jars/tubs for customers and sell our retail size jars to shops/deli’s at wholesale rates. If you would be interested in wholesale prices or catering jars/tubs please get in contact.
All our products are hand chopped, hand stirred – completely handmade. Where possible ingredients are sourced locally, even off our own allotment during the summer months. To make sure no allotment grown produce is wasted the surplus is prepared and frozen. This means even through the winter months the products are made with great tasting locally grown ingredients.
Dragons Breath Jelly! Totally awesome! Never seen my hubby eat jam on toast! Ate half a jar with 4 rounds of toast in one sitting! Not its intended use but he absolutely loves it! 10/10! Excellent quality and value! We will be back for more! Thank you Penylan Preserves!!!!! Xxxx
- I have lived off strawberry and prosecco jam with my croissant for the last few weeks. It is the best. Love all of them!
- I bought a jar of their Hot Christmas Chutney on Sunday and it's almost gone. Need more of this in my life!!
- Bought a selection of preserves and pickles for Christmas. Stunning is an understatement! Everyone loved them. And the Marmalade! No wonder it’s a Gold winner!
- Raspberry Jam is always my top pick but I can't live without the superb Lemon Curd either. My other half is more of a savoury man and has to have his stock of piccalilli and spiced marrow chutney - he's quite fussy, so to get his vote is a major plus.